Saturday, September 18, 2010

New Recipe

I wanted to take a moment to selfishly post this recipe that my (sorta) sister, Amy, just posted on her blog. I say "selfishly" because I am only posting it so that I don't forget it, but if it inspires some you readers out there to try it as well then maybe its not entirely selfish.
Salad ingredients:
- Fresh spinach (chopped)
- A lot of fresh basil (whole & chopped)
- Grilled salmon (left overs, in this case)
- Onions
- Feta cheese
- Sea salt & pepper
- Newman's Own Olive oil & vinegar dressing

Now, seeing as how I don't think that there is anything more delicious than salmon and avocado, I will probably add half an avocado to my salad which will add an extra 4 points (t0tally worth it). I'm not sure what the nutritional information is on the dressing so I don't actually know how many points the salad is, but I plan on making it as soon as possible.

If anyone out there tries it, let me know what you think.

Update:
I just made this recipe for lunch and it was delicious! I changed a few things because I am a firm believer in using what you have on hand when cooking. Here is what I did.

- salmon (covered in a salmon rub of garlic, brown sugar, rosemary, and lemon)
- spinach
- red onion
- avocado
- feta
- dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 TB soy sauce
- juice of 1 lemon (I used the lemon that I placed on top of the salmon after it was done cooking)
- rosemary
- sesame seeds
- sliced almonds

To make the dressing, I put everything in a sauce pan and heated it all together for about 5 minutes.

Put everything in a giant bowl and tossed the dressing on top.

So good.

1 comment:

  1. I linked the nutritional info if you click on the"Newman's Own" ;)

    ReplyDelete